The Shelter Island Lions Club normally meets at 6:00 p.m. for dinner on the third Thursday of every month, except July and August. Details will be published below, as soon as they’re announced.
Meetings of the officers and directors (Board meetings) are normally held the second Thursday of every month at 5:00 p.m. in the Shelter Island Heights Firehouse. All members are welcome at Board meetings.
- April Dinner Meeting: 6:00 pm, Thursday, 4/19/2018, Isola Restaurant, 15 Grand Avenue, Shelter Island Heights, 6:00 PM Cocktail Reception, 6:45 PM Dinner Service, 7:45 PM Speaker: Russell J. Calemmo, East Hampton Lions Club, District 20S, Zone 7 Chairman. $26 pp. RSVP by Sunday. 4/15/18 — phone 631-209-7452 or email Dinner@ShelterIslandLions.org
Complimentary Castelvetrano Olives, House Herbed Flatbread, Seasonal Dip
– Isola Kobe Burger: 6 oz, Kobe/Brisket blend patty, balsamic glaze, basil, mozzarella, house garlic
– Margherita Pizza: Wood-fired, Hand-crushed San Marzano tomato, fresh mozzarella,
fresh basil, extra virgin olive oil.
Cocktails, $5.00, Peroni Draft $4.00, and Red Wine $7.00
- May Board Meeting: 5:00 pm, Thursday, 5/10/2018. Heights Firehouse, upstairs. All members are welcome to attend.
- Shelter Island Cleanup Day: Saturday, 5/19/2018, 10:00 am to 2:00 pm. Meet at Center Firehouse at 9:30 am. Details TBA.
- Citizenship Award Dinner: 6:00 pm, Thursday, 5/24/2018 at The Pridwin Hotel, $45 per person. This year honoring Anu and John Kaasik, who for the past 12 years, have organized, directed and produced the annual school play with a tireless dedication to Shelter Island’s youth. Tickets to be available soon at the Shelter Island Public Library or leave a message with your name, contact information, and desired number of tickets on 631-209-7452.
- Memorial Day Public Picnic: Immediately following the Memorial Day Parade on Monday, 5/28/2018 on the grounds of the Youth Center/Legion Hall. All in community are welcome.