The Shelter Island Lions Club normally meets at 6:00 p.m. for dinner on the third Thursday of every month, except July and August. Details will be published below, as soon as they’re announced.
Meetings of the officers and directors (Board meetings) are normally held the second Thursday of every month at 5:00 p.m. in the Shelter Island Heights Firehouse. All members are welcome at Board meetings.
- Cornhole (Beanbag Toss) Tournament: 5:00 to 8:00 pm, Tuesday, 8/21/2018, Hosted by Sunset Beach Resort, $100 per team (2 people), $50 pp to watch. Beer, wine, BBQ, DJ music. To benefit Shelter Island Lions Foundation. See ShelterIslandLions.org/cornhole/ for more information.
- Senior Citizens Foundation (SCF) Beach Party: Sunday, 8/26/2018, 4:00 to 6:00 pm, Lions Centennial Pavilion at Wades Beach. In celebration of the construction of the pavilion and the purchase and installation of five teak benches in the pavilion. Light refreshments & music provided by SCF. See SISeniorFoundation.org/donor-party/.
- Snapper Derby: Saturday, 9/1/2018, weigh-in at 5:00 pm. Details available at ShelterIslandSnapperDerby.org/.
- September Board Meeting: 5:00 pm, Thursday, 9/13/2018, Heights Firehouse. All members welcome.
- September/Summer Gathering: Thursday, 9/20/2018, 5:00 – 7:00 pm, The Flying Goat (cocktail social), $20 per person. Induction of several new Lions.
- Scallop Dinner: Sunday, 10/7/2018, Pridwin Hotel. Contact Darrin Binder. Further details TBA.
- October Board Meeting: 5:00 pm, Thursday, 10/11/2018. Heights Firehouse. All members welcome.