Support the Shelter Island Action Alliance
An opportunity to help our restaurant community and
We are in the middle of one of the most challenging and uncertain moments that our community has ever faced.
The Coronavirus has already disrupted the livelihoods of billions of people and we have only just begun to feel the impact this will have on Shelter Island and the restaurants we love.
With your monetary donation, we’ll be able to support local restaurants by allowing them to do what they do best – feed the community.
By helping our restaurants to continue operating, they are committed to:
- Continue to provide takeout options.
- Hire-back as much staff as possible.
- Provide meals to hospitals and hospital staff.
- Our Donations Program.
- Click on the Donate button below to select the amount you would like to donate and, optionally, the restaurant you would like to support.
- Your donation will go to the restaurant, if selected, or to the Action Alliance, who will determine the best way to optimize the money, to feed the most people.
- The restaurants will deliver the meals to our hospital partners, ELIH and Stony Brook Southampton Hospital
Thank you for your support in helping our community. By keeping our restaurants open, we can all eat well.
The Shelter Island Lions Foundation, Inc. (EIN 26-1751938) is a not-for-profit corporation under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Gifts to the Foundation are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law and will be gratefully received and acknowledged.